NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
The David Andrew Bursary Fund Memorial Award was established in 2008 by Norwood & District Minor Sports in recognition of David Andrew who passed away suddenly on December 9, 2007 at the age of 20
David played hockey for Norwood Minor Sports as well as being an OMHA referee. He was an integral part of the 2001-2002 All-Ontario Bantam DD Champions and also a big part of the first “Euro 2003” team to travel overseas and play in Europe. A friend to all. David was someone who always lived life to the fullest.
The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance for the postsecondary education of young people from our community who have played hockey in the local minor hockey system
It is proposed that the Bursary provide an annual grant in the amount of $750.00 to one individual. The selection of the recipient will be made a representative from Norwood Minor Sports and a members of our local community.
Some of the requirements to be taken into account for the selection of the recipient will include the following: -
- From the local community
- Been in local minor hockey for at least two years
- Enrolled in, and continuing in, community college/university/college-trade program, not necessarily first year
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Contributor to our Community and a contributor to Minor Sports other than as a player
THIS YEAR, APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL April 3, 2023
For your application, please write a short paragraph including:
- Length of time in local hockey and some highlights and thoughts of your time in Norwood Minor Hockey
- Leadership qualities you possess
- How the funds will be used and reasons you should be chosen to receive this bursary
Award, plaque and cheque will be presented at our Annual Awards Banquet.
When completed, please send your application a photocopy of acceptance into a postsecondary institution and your address and contact phone number to:
Greg Hartwick, 2161 North 5th Line , Norwood, Ontario, K0L 2V0 – 647-612-2682 / [email protected]