Norwood Minor Sports is currently looking to fill the position of Coach Liason for the 2021-2022 Hockey season.
This position is available immediately and is a non voting member of the executive. The focus of the role is on supporting and developing our volunteer coaches throughout the hockey season. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has relevant experience in coaching and leadership practices, someone who understands youth sports and player development, and someone who has excellent leadership, problem solving and issues resolution skills. Best case scenario, the individual is not a current coach or someone who has the desire to be a coach this season within our organization.
Coach Liason Tasks:
· Would co-ordinate the development of coaches & trainers
· Would sit on coaching interview committee and would bring recommendations back to the executive.
· Be familiar and assist the association's under 9 program in implementing the OMHA Programming (Novice and below)
· Run the Monthly Coaches meetings and be the conduit between the Executive Board and the Coaches on a regular basis (i.e. what do the coaches need from the executive, what are the concerns, etc.)
· Work with the OMHA Rep to ensure all coaches, trainers, bench staff have the appropriate certifications
· When a coach is not named for a team- make arrangements for a certified coach to be present on ice with players until a coach is assigned.
· Follow up with coaches periodically throughout the season to see if they require guidance/assistance on any level, practices, game strategy
· Provide coaches with assistance in preparing and implementing practices and game strategies
· Provide advice to the executive on development programs like power skating and goalie training
· Attend team practices as appropriate to support coaches in their learning and development
For those that are interested we ask that you apply by email to Jen Stewart [email protected] We are looking for a short letter outlining your relevant experience, a description of why you would be the ideal candidate for this position, and some details about your leadership and coaching experiences and certifications.
We offer this position with a honorarium of $50 per team to a maximum of $750 per season.
Application deadline is July 15th, 2021
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.