Accepting Applications until March 28. 2018
In 2008 NDMS created the David Andrews Bursary Fund in recognition of David Andrews, who passed away suddenly on December 9, 2007 at the young age of 20. David played hockey with NDMS as well he was an OMHA referee. David was an integral part of the 2001/2002 All-Ontario Bantam DD championships and was also a big part of the first Euro 2003 team to travel overseas to play in Europe.
The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance for the post secondary education of young people from our community who have played hockey in the local minor hockey system.
The bursary will provide an annual grant in the amount of $700. The selection of the recipient will be made by David's parents, Brian & Jacquie Andrew and a representative from NDMS.
Some of the requirements to be taken into account for the selection of the recipient will include:
For your APPLICATION please write in detail your experiences and strengths in regards to the following:
- From the local community
- Been in local minor hockey for at least 2 years
- Enrolled in, and continuing in, community college/university/college trade program but not necessarily first year
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Contributions to the Community
- Contributions to Minor Sports other than as a player
- Length of time in local hockey
- Leadership qualities you possess
- How the funds will be used and reason/s you should be chosen for this bursary
- Some of your highlights and thoughts on your times in Minor Hockey and as you see Minor Hockey today
Please attach a photocopy of your acceptance into post secondary institution.
Once completed, please send your application with address and phone number to:
GREG HARTWICK 2161 5th Concession, RR # 3, Norwood, ON K0L 2V0
Phone 705-639-5567 Cell 705-761-0299 Email [email protected]
Application deadline is March 28, 2018.
Award, plaque and cheque will be presented at our Annual Awards Sunday April 15, 2018.